Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sunny days

Sunny May to all...at least most days in Kansas lately. ;) Though it has a beauty all its own, I guess I need to get used to the idea of NOT having all those sunny days throughout the year as I prepare to move to Oregon!

It's been a while since I met you here last, so I'll catch you up on my progress toward working on staff with YWAM in Salem, OR (check out their link on the right side of my page!).

After meeting my 4th niece and spending time with all 5 nieces/nephew and their parents in March, I substitute taught almost every day in April. Thank you, God, for that provision! I enjoyed "bridal shower weekend" :) with Angie, a good friend and roommate, who serves as a missionary in Mexico. I continued to share with Sunday Schools and friends how God's called me to train missionaries through Discipleship Training Schools in Oregon. And God continues to meet some of my personal and ministry needs through friends like you, like a computer and phone to use after both of mine died! He is so good!

With a plan to move to Oregon at the end of this month, it's essential financial support is raised. God is teaching me a lot about support-raising and the joy it can bring both you and I as we partner together to reach some of the most unreached nations with the gospel and train others to do the same! If you've not received a personal call or email from me recently, please expect one this month! I'm doing my best to reach those I know with the opportunity to support me in prayer or financially on this journey.

I'll be updating the blog weekly (or more!) to let you know how close I am to full monthly support. If it's not in a new entry, check the thermometer at the side of the page! Thanks for keeping me in your prayers and please let me know how I can support you in prayer!

Prayers
* to reach full monthly support this month
* wisdom how to use my days ~ balancing sub jobs, sharing my vision with support team, and preparing to leave...plus leaving some room to breathe!
* my niece Baylie, to stop having seizures/find the cause

Praise!
* 20% support raised
* God's provision for daily needs and technological ones
* Joyful times sharing life and vision with friends and family

By His strength,
Amy

2 comments:

  1. YAY for blog updates!!! I'm praying that support starts pouring in to get your to your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it was about time, right?! Thank you for your encouragement and prayers. It means the world to me!

    ReplyDelete