Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Who's in control?

As promised, I'm back a week later. :) God continues to provide and add to my support team. Despite missions ventures in the past, this longer-term support-raising journey is teaching me a lot. About patience, about my job vs. God's job....all sorts of stuff!


Today, I stand at 23% financial support raised (up 3% from last week), with friends also renewing their commitment to support me in prayer. Thank you God, and thank you friends!



In life, I battle with control. The less I feel in control, the more I try to control. It's not pretty! Sometimes I control my food (good/bad choices). Sometimes I interupt in conversations more. Sometimes I teach ;) .... the list could go on. But these are the times I experience the most internal tension too, until I can return to that place where my heart's submitted to God.


In short, "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps" (Proverbs 16:9). That could really frustrate (why plan at all?!?!), but it comforts me most days, and reminds me to return to the One who holds my days, and my heart, in His hands.


Until next time,


Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment