Monday, June 7, 2010

T minus one week!


<--My doctor suggested a sun protective shirt for the outreach portion of my trip. In her words "You won't be able to take enough sunscreen". I'll wait 'til Oregon to actually get one/some but this goofy shopping trip was fun. :)
So begins my new adventure, my "gainful unemployment" as one friend dubbed it. All I know is my next step for 6 months, CDTS in Salem, OR (http://www.ywamsalem.org/schools/cdts) and then a third-world country (TBD). Sara and I head out for a "leisurely" drive to Oregon next Monday (June 14) and training begins June 21. Wow, I have a lot to get done this week ~ packing would be a good start!

This blog is to help me stay better connected to you ~ the myriad of people who have supported me, getting me to this point. I'll do my best to keep you updated about what I'm learning, who I'm serving, and how God is working in our lives. I hope to hear the same from you!

A few prayers for you to join me in:
  • Clarity & discernment about what needs done before I leave!
  • Health & safety on our trip out, and Sara's subsequent trip to Mexico!!!
  • Quality, affordable health care for the next 6 months and beyond (my original plan won't work)
  • Continued financial support ~ currently at 51% of budget

I look forward to the months ahead with anticipation!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment