Monday, June 28, 2010

Amy the Flying Squirrel & other adventures

It's been a while since my last post and I've been busy, as I imagine you have been!

Here's what a typical day looks like for me and my classmates (sorry the format's a little hard to read):

7am-breakfast; 8:30-worship/intercession; 9:30-1pm-class/lecture/team-building; 1pm-lunch; 2-3-work duty; 3-4-study/rest; 4-5-work duty; 5:15-dinner; 6-10pm-study, clean, errands, socialize (+worship/intercession 1+ nights a week)

Last week was all about starting to work as a team (see me below in the Flying Squirrel from the ropes course, starting to build trust in my team pulling me up). With 18 adults over 25 (more than half over 40), we're quite set in our ways and it can be a challenge to "die to ourselves". I'm loving it though! :) This week, we're learning better to hear God's voice.

It's back to studying for me now! Thank you for all your love and support. I've enjoyed your comments and emails, even when I don't get to respond to each one.

For those who have asked, I'm at 62% support. That means the lecture phase is paid for, but part of the outreach phase and personal responsibilities are still not. If you'd like to help me reach this goal, please see the right hand column of this goal. I look forward to rejoicing with you when 100% is met!

Praises: relearning to give myself grace, allergies are much better, enjoying beautiful weather

Prayer requests: adequate rest/good time management, my sensitivity to God's voice, wisdom when to act/speak! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I liked it. No, I wasn't very adventurous (didn't take much of a running start this time). And yes, I got a little nauseous on the way up (b/c of movement, not height), so I closed my eyes for a second. I'm a chicken, I know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like so much fun!!! And wootwoot for da bum shot! :)

    ReplyDelete