Monday, November 21, 2011

Week One


Getting there
   15 hours of flights (Portland-Seattle-Seoul-Manila)
+ several hours layovers
+ 14 hours bus rides
+ a little sleep and shopping 
= 3 days later, arrival in Bontoc, Mountain Province, Philippines!



Midnight bus rides

Thank you, God, for smooth travel to the Philippines!

This week was primarily spent in travel, and getting used to our new home for two months. Our team began ministering Monday morning with government officials, a regular Monday morning occurance. What a blessing, to share God's truths freely within the government!



How many days in the same clothes?! ;)
Feet on solid ground = a great feeling!
My personal journey
Journal glimpse, Sept 11

I'm not sure what I was expecting for my arrival here, but am glad to be here. Learning to lead in these team dynamics...is something I know You've called me to, but I need so much help doing. I tend to push through, not paying attention that I should to my physical or emotional health. I want to lead by example, and so [in the past] I don't give myself rest. What a poor example that is!
God, would you light my heart with a new passion?
Help me to see the truth of situations, the way you would have me see them.

God gave me wisdom and encouragement this day in the form of John 1:9, talking about Jesus' example:
That was the true Light which gives light to every man who comes into the world."
And He's given this Light to our path for you, for me, for every circumstance as we walk through life with Him!

Figuring out my "place leading this team took some time. I had a relationship with the kids, spending about 30+ hours/week with them June-Sept, but moments with their parents, our outreach adults, had been much shorter. This is part of why I wondered how to lead and why He had me with this group in the Philippines.


Over the next two months, God was faithful to show me John 1:9 personally -- giving Light to me as He promised in only ways that He could.
The look on her face was a little how I felt, not knowing what God had me there for. :)
~Bonding in close quarters~
Our team!




Next entry:
Week 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment