Friday, October 15, 2010

"Pray for me"

Time is flying by in India. We have been ministering at some of the areas in the last blog entry 6 days a week and I'm enjoying it immensely. It's hard to believe I will be headed back to the States in less than a month!

This week brought work at a slum (pictures later) ~ we rebuilt their church from the ground up. Last week, I got to teach English with small children one day. It broke my heart. All I wanted to do was be able encourage them to speak a little bit. Many are so malnourished and shy that they hardly speak, but we were breathing life into them through God's love, our smiles and hugs, and food (for some, this is their only meal, sometimes eating only once a day).

Another wonderful answer to prayer was for a seminary student (they meet in a home for school) who fell from their roof. We prayed for him, and heard the next day he had no external injuries. Praise God! I look forward to hearing of his full healing!

One of the most common things I hear here is "pray for me". This is such an interesting statement to me, as Americans often say "I'll pray for you", either in earnest or not. Each time someone says this, I write down their need and name if I know it, to ensure I will remember them in prayer.

More to come as soon as I can....must let the next person have the internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment